New Family Tree Maker Options
Posted by Kendall Hulet <http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/author/khulet/> on
February 2, 2016 in Family Tree Maker
<http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/category/ftm/>

Since our Family Tree Maker
<http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2015/12/09/more-information-on-family-tree-maker-desktop-software/>
 announcement
last December, we have continued to actively explore ways to develop and
support Family Tree Maker and ensure you have choices to preserve your work
in ways that matter to you.

Today, I am pleased to announce two options for desktop software that will
work with Ancestry.

*Software MacKiev*

Software MacKiev, with whom we have a long-standing relationship, is
acquiring the Family Tree Maker software line as publisher for both Mac and
Windows versions. Software MacKiev has been the developer of Family Tree
Maker for Mac for more than six years and is thrilled at the opportunity to
publish future versions of Family Tree Maker for Mac and Windows.

This new agreement means you will receive software updates and new versions
from Software MacKiev, and have the ability to purchase new versions of
Family Tree Maker from Software MacKiev as they are released. You will have
continued access to Ancestry Hints, Ancestry searches, and be able to save
your tree on Ancestry with Family Tree Maker moving forward.

*RootsMagic*

We have made an agreement with RootsMagic, a leading genealogy desktop
software program publisher, to connect Ancestry with the RootsMagic
software by the end of 2016. With this new relationship, RootsMagic can
serve as your desktop family tree software, while having access to Ancestry
hints, Ancestry searches, and the ability to save your tree on Ancestry.

These new agreements will make it possible to preserve your work on
Ancestry and Family Tree Maker, and enable future features and benefits to
help you discover your family history. *Be assured that Ancestry, in
cooperation with Software MacKiev and RootsMagic, will continue to support
you as you discover your family history.*

We ask for your patience as we work diligently through all the details to
make these solutions available. Be sure to check back here on our blog as
we share more information about Family Tree Maker in the next few months.

For more information on Software MacKiev and RootsMagic, click below:

   - Software MacKiev: http://www.mackiev.com/
   - RootsMagic: http://www.rootsmagic.com/

- See more at:
http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2016/02/02/good-news-for-users-of-family-tree-maker/#sthash.nShSrF7e.dpuf