Thanks Bill!

________________________________
From: azores@googlegroups.com <azores@googlegroups.com> on behalf of
bsei2...@gmail.com <bsei2...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:35 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Cc: fishsongf...@hotmail.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Help translating a phrase.

I don't see anything about a dispensation for consanguinity.  I think his
travels were mentioned because that was the justification for his dispensation
for not proving satisfaction of Lenten obligations.

You could try the Angra and/or Horta passaporte logs; but if he was a ship
captain, passaportes may not apply.

I've seen under 25 marrying without permission being stated in the record
before.  I assumed the parents' presence implied permission.  The one time I
saw permission stated was when the maternal grandmother gave permission because
both parents were deceased or absent (this was all stated in the record as I
recall).

Bill Seidler

azores+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:azores+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.