I did not read the whole document as the 2nd page seems to be standard,
however and according to what is written on the bottom of page 6 the
marriage took place in May of that year but someone neglected to enter it
into record on the book of marriages and by decree and sentence it is now
entered in Ribeira Seca's marriage book.

Page 6 bottom states date and .... the bride Inacia Ludovina had to
justified her marriage, being 20 years of age to Manuel Machado the Sousa
because someone forgot to record it in the book of marriages of this Parish
( Ribeira Seca). And, because it is true by which sentence the Reverend
Auditor's order the event was being recorded

If you look at the next record you will note the month reads October and
the church is Santiago da Ribeira Seca, while Inacia's marriage happened in
May of the same year.

Margaret

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Sme <climbatr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone.  Can someone please read this marriage record and tell me
> basically what happened.   Bottom right (Manoel Machado de Sousa and
> Ludovina)    and continues onto the next page.
>

> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SJR-CH-RIBEIRASECA-C-1860-1869/SJR-CH-RIBEIRASECA-C-1860-1869_item1/P86.html
>
> and the top left
>

> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SJR-CH-RIBEIRASECA-C-1860-1869/SJR-CH-RIBEIRASECA-C-1860-1869_item1/P87.html
>
> I see that the actual marriage took place after the priest finishes up
> after that continued paragraph.
>
> Thanks.
> Suzanne

Margaret M Vicente