Philippe,   Merci!!

Thank you so much for looking at this.  It seems the word is something  like
Bispo (bishop?). Maybe it was a nickname (?).  Like you said, we need more
records to verify.

I found two people on the Azores List that descend from this family.  We have
been collaborating on these ancestors.  Merci bien.

Maria Elena