Walter,

The baptismal record is clear.  Diulinda (Deolinda present day)
The death record is also clear.  Olinda.  It is a shortform of Deo+linda
(beauty from G-d) according to latin but its origin is really greek and
given a different meaning

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Walter Teixeira <akatex...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I need help with figuring out a name on a couple of documents.  The first
> is a baptism record for a girl named Dinlinda (at least that is what I am
> reading in the margin and in the document).  The document is nice and
> clear.  It is record number 70 at the following link:
> http://pesquisa.auc.uc.pt/viewer?id=31804&FileID=498788
>

> The second document is her death record (died at 10 months old).  The
> margin and in the document gives her name with something before "linda".
> Again
> the document is nice and clear.  I can't figure out if it is a "C" or a
> "D" or what it is but I can't find any name for a Portuguese girl spelled
> anything like that.  Maybe it is an abbreviation for something.  It
> certainly doesn't look like Dinlinda.  I am hoping someone knows what it
> is.  These are the same person!!!!  The Obitos is record number 15 at the
> following link:  http://pesquisa.auc.uc.pt/viewer?id=31862&FileID=501660
>

> What do you say the name is????   Thank you for your time and help in
> this difficult translation.
>

> Walter Teixeira

Margaret M Vicente