Thank you Manoel. Believe me I know about that priest. It is hardest I have
come across. The writing is clear but it is overly stylish and the priest
loops everything back into his letters making it almost impossible to read.

I have this record below, and I think this Maria Lourenco must be the same
Maria da Fonseca that you have married to Pedro do Monte. But I also see
they had two Maria's.

from bapt of VFSM, Jan 20- 1636, mad- Maria Lourenco fa. de Jorge Nunes
Velludo

JR