Todd, you really need to go to the AzoresGenWeb site and download the
Portuguese Genealogical Word List and Portuguese Paleography. There is also
a section on the abbreviations that you will need as you to farther back in
time. The Paleography also has a section of documents that can be
translated line-by-line so you get used to the format the priests used.

Rosemarie
rcap...@gmail.com
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily