 Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] The elusive Maria Christo
 To: azores@googlegroups.com
 Date: Friday, August 5, 2016, 9:09 PM

 Celeste

 I'm From Newport and
 Middletown R. I.   And knew many Perry's
 there. Do you know where in R.I or what church you are
 looking into

 Liz

 Sent from my iPhone

 PM, 'celeste perry' via Azores Genealogy <azores@googlegroups.com>
 wrote:

 > Actually, Cheri, I have only looked up to
 the date the father, Joao Moraes, died.  I also looked for
 some kind of will and there was none.  I did not find that
 they owned any land so I tend to think they did not have any
 wealth.  Also, all the kids of the family that survived
 immigrated to RI.  If they had owned land, possibly one
 have remained there.

 > Jose's great-grand son, Dicky Cabral,
 (if I remember correctly) that his Jose was born in Lomba da
 Santa Barbara.  I have not communicated with him for a
 number of years.  One thing he wrote to me a while ago was
 that is a possibility that the place of her birth MAY have
 been written in the margin of her marriage record.  When I
 asked for a copy, I was send a form that was filled out by
 someone at the church.

 > I have to wait until I make another trip
 to RI to beg someone in the church to look at the record to
 see if something is written in the margin and was not
 written on the form I was sent.  Hope my health and
 Bob's allows us to make that trip soon.

 > My thought in
 bringing this up on the list again was that there are a lot
 of new members and someone just MIGHT find a relative that
 has the name Jacintha Libiana and I could gather more
 information that can lead me to finding if the "Elusive
 Maria Christo" was biologically connected to the family
 she thught was hers.

 > Thank you for all the thoughts, every
 little thing helps.
 > Celeste Perry ccgran...@yahoo.com

 > On Fri, 8/5/16, Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

 Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] The elusive Maria Christo
 > To: "Azores Genealogy" <azores@googlegroups.com>
 > Date: Friday, August 5, 2016, 3:40 PM
 >
 > Hi Celeste,
 > Lomba da Santa Barbara in Ribeira
 Grande
 > is here: http://tombo.pt/f/rbg12
 >
 > I'm guessing
 > you've already looked? I know I had
 one ancestor that
 > wasn't baptized
 until a month before his marriage, 25

 years later. I've also seen a few baptisms where they
 > baptized the child 2, 3, 4 years later.
 Rather unusual, but
 > it happened. Maybe
 there was an illness in the family and

 they had themselves quarantined or maybe they were in the
 > middle of harvest and didn't get to
 the church for a
 > couple years (when
 they had their next kid).

 > Where did the

 great-grandson of Jose think his ancestors were from?

 > Also, you
 > could have your husband DNA test, the
 great-grandson of Jose
 > test, and anyone
 you know who is a descendant of Seraphim
 > test. It's on sale. You all should
 match each other and
 > should match
 others of the Ribeira Grande region - unless
 > you're not from Lomba da Santa
 Barbara. There's a
 > Santa Barbara in
 Ponta Delgada, but it makes no sense to add
 > on "Lomba da" and specify that
 freguesia if one
 > was from the other
 one.

 > Cheri
 >

 > --
 >
 > For options, such as
 changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or

 No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and
 http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.
 >  Click in the blue area on the right that
 says "Join
 > this group" and it
 will take you to "Edit my

 membership."

 ---

 > You received
 this message because you are subscribed to the
 > Google Groups "Azores Genealogy"
 group.

 unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails

 https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

 > --
 > For options, such as changing to List,
 Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your
 Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.
 Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join
 this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
 membership."
 subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy"
 group.
 > To unsubscribe from this group
 and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
 azores+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
 > Visit this group at
 https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

 --
 For options, such as
 changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation)
 http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.
  Click in the blue area on the right that says
 "Join this group" and it will take you to
 "Edit my membership."
 subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy"
 group.
 To unsubscribe from this group and