Deb,

No to the names Goes and Pinheiro. No to the place Piedade. Yes to everything
else. However, most non-religious names tend to be combinations such as Costa
Goulart so more info is needed to pin down specific connections.

My grandmother's lineage is primarily Candelaria, Sao Mateus and a few from Sao
Joao, Madalena and Lages. All on Pico.
So, if you have any questions related to Candelaria and Sao Mateus where most
of her ancestors lived, I may be able to help.

Gayle