I'm actually a bit confused on who's who, based on the replies to my
original message.  CITCEM shows Mateus Garcia Rosa as having two
daughters:  Margarida Garcia b. 1688; and Madalena b. 1693.  Madelena's
Obito in CCA says she was married to Antonio Costa Soares, but this
disagrees with CITCEM which shows Antonio was married to Margarida.
So.....I'm confused and still trying to sort this out.  But yes, we are
probably related....and can probably be certain that our common ancestors
are Mateus Garcia Rosa and his wife Isabel de Mendoca.  They would be my 9X
great grandparents.