Cheri,

I had a bunch of mtDNA matches, however, when FTDNA made its change awhile
back I lost them.  I recall you said something similar
to that might happen.  I have my Family Finder matches, but I only have two
mtDNA matches.  Also, I keep getting notices of new
mtDNA matches, but none show up.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (Cross posted to Azores, Madeira, and IslandRoutes lists)
>
> For those who have DNA tested with Family Tree DNA (FTDNA), they have
> implemented a little tool for use with your Gedcom.
>
> First you have to upload your ENTIRE Gedcom to FTDNA (not just your direct
> lines, but your collateral lines as well). Hopefully, we've all spelled the
> names the same way, as FTDNA doesn't use Soundex. Then we can link our
> matches and FTDNA will sort them into paternal or maternal sides.
>
> There's still a couple of glitches. Judy Russell, The Legal Genealogist,
> did a write up on the new feature about a month and a half ago (I was busy
> getting ready for Salt Lake, hence the delay). https://goo.gl/Z1dXiZ
> Cheri Mello
> Family Tree DNA Admin

Sandra Perez