Hi,

I am having difficulty finding any records for a Francisco Silveira Matos.

He is the father of a son with the same name. I have found his sons records
and he is listed as the father on the baptism and marriage records (I can
post the link if necessary). His son died in 1921 in Praia do Norte so I
reached out to the registrar and was given his death record. Every name on
the sons death record matches except for his Father. They list the father
as Jose Silveira Matos.

Jose Silveira Matos is the name of Francisco's father which I know because
in his sons birth record it lists his grandparents names.

I have also found his wife's death record and it lists his name as already
being deceased.

Uminho says that Francisco was born in 1808 in Capelo, but I have not found
any such record and I believe the record they have listed for that date is
for another person.

I have not found a single record for him and I have searched several
different towns on Faial and searched through several years.

This has really been bothering me and I would like to know if anyone has
any advice or if I should just drop it and move on.

Regards,
Sean