I had a FEELING it had something to do with a convent or becoming a nun.  I'm
searching for a Marianna, daughter of Domingos de Mello, born in 1741 and she
doesn't show up anywhere so the only thing I could guess is that she became a
Nun .  But They don't always give names of family members.  In this case they
did and it's not her:(
But I wanted to know what the "reconhecimento" was because there seemed to be a
lot of women in them. (In 1700's)

Thanks for answering.  I hoped you would😀

Maria Elena