JR,
Thanks!  I figured it was more of a descriptive of a neighborhood, but I
wanted to be sure.

I am trying to figure out what happened to my gr gr grandparents, Jacintho
Pacheco and Anna Jacinta de Mello, between 1856 (married in FVC) and 1863
(2nd son born in Achada).  The people in the baptismal are the Jacintho's
relatives.  I've been hoping to find a clue as to where they might have
gone for those 7 years...and knowing there were relatives in another
village or island might have been something to look into.

Another dead end...on to the next record :)

Thanks for your help!