I know that I will sound like a cynic, but here goes: Before the revolution in
'74, it was not at all unusual for some official to state that there was
something irregular about our papers, or our situation. If you knew the system
you knew that was code for "we can straighten all this out and make your
problem go away. A token of your gratitude would go a long way in making this
problem go away." And we discreetly slipped some bills into the flunky's hands
and we were waved through.
And then there was always the example of the local cop who always seemed able
to build a house and live in a style requiring 10 times more than he made in a
lifetime. People nodded knowingly and shook their heads.

Things have changed for the better. But those of us of a certain age, remember
how things were done before the revolution and what things were like and can
well understand the "difficulties" that the contracted workers would have to
make go away.
I am sorry if I offend. But I am old enough to remember and too old to forget.
John Miranda Raposo

    On Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:25 PM, IslandRoutes