Jeremy
Unfortunately those records were lost. My father was born in Lomba but my
paternal grandfather was born in Lajes and I was able to trace his line
back to the mid 1600's. However, I have only been able to trace my paternal
grandmother's line back to the early 1800's.
Flores researchers are a disadvantage because, as the story goes, in the
mid 1600's pirates or privateers invaded the island and burned every church
on the island. I have not been able to trace any of my lines off the
island. Maybe someday DNA may allow us to make that leap.
John Vasconcelos