(Cross posted to Azores, Madeira, and IslandRoutes lists)

The Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) sale is in its final days. It will end on
Saturday, December 31st at 11:59 pm CST.

So, if you want to take advantage of this sale (it appears to be their
largest one ever), please do so NOW.

If you have questions and don't know where to start, I suggest the test
called Family Finder. It was $99 earlier this year, then the price was
permanently dropped to $79, and the SALE price is $59 USD. (Add $12.95 USD
S&H). The Family Finder test covers ALL the lines on the pedigree back
about 200 years from the birth of the testee. So if the test taker was born
in 1955, the DNA goes about to about the mid-1700s. If their parent, born
in the 1930s is alive, test them first as their DNA goes back to about the
1730s or so. If you have a 97 year old relative, it doesn't matter, test
them because of their age!!

If you want to target a specific line, a Y or mtDNA test could work
depending on if you can find the right cousin, uncle, nephew, etc to take
the test to target that line.

I've been having people send me their unwanted coupons. I'm low on the $10
off Family Finder, but do have many $5 off. Please make your requests now
so I know what I need to find tomorrow (Friday). If you are going to wait
until Saturday, I may run out of coupons. Saturday is New Year's Eve, this
sale has been going on since Nov. 14th, and although it's been fun, I'm
getting a little tired of it.

If you are having problems placing the order I can call you on the phone.
However, I do have a life on the other side of the computer. I'm gone
Friday after 5 pm PST. And Saturday, I'll probably be busy after 2 pm or
so. So, please, if you've been thinking about it, do it now.
Thanks, Cheri Mello, Family Tree DNA Admin (volunteer)