You said your immigrant ancestors had 2 children: Anthony and Manuel.
Sounds like things don't match. I thought you told me they married in
America. Then had kids. This woman married there and had kids there. Maybe
she married there had more in America too.

The census info you provided never listed a Manuel. Only "Antone." He was
born in America, not the Azores.

I'm sure if I had a couple of free hours I could find more than one Maria
de Mello coming to America with a Manuel and Antonio. Or a few Marias too.

Maria, Manuel, Antonio, and Mellos are all way too common and it would be
very, very, easy to pick the wrong one. You need to start with their death
certificates and work backwards in time and make sure you have a timeline
on these guys, with all that conflicting info. It's going to be a bit
tedious for awhile.

It just doesn't make sense to me that your DNA matches NO ONE who is doing
Sao Miguel ancestry. One thousand people and you match zero. Very weird.
Definitely test your dad when you are able. He's got double the Portuguese
ancestry you do :)

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada