I'd need to log into your DNA page to see exactly what you are talking
about.

In general, X match follows are particular inheritance pattern.

I'll start with a male. The 23rd chromosome is the sex chromosome. He got
XY - Y from dad (that makes him a man) and an X from mom. Mom is XX. She
gave one of her Xs to him. We don't know which one. So let's look at mom:

Mom is XX (making her female). She got 1 X from her dad and one X from her
mom. Let's look at her dad (grandpa) who is XY:

Grandpa XY got Y from his dad and X from his mom. Grandma got 2 XXs: one
from each of her parents.

For a match with a female, it's twice the fun since we are born with 2 Xs:
One from mom and one from dad.

It's pretty confusing to explain in an email. Here are some articles with
pictures of fan charts showing the inheritance pattern:
Blaine Bettinger's blog: https://goo.gl/GUcXXK
Roberta Estes' blog: https://goo.gl/Jj975w

You want an X match of 10 cMs or more AND you are matching on the other
autosomes as well. A match only on the X may be too distant in time.

If you send me a private email with some good days and times to call you, I
can take a look at your matches and explain in more specific terms. Just
let me know.
Cheri Mello, Azores DNA Project Admin

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada