Natalie M,

You need the freguesia (village) to start searching on Faial. There are 12
or 13 villages there. If you don't know which one, then you aren't quite
ready to start searching in the Azores yet.

Here's a how-to of sources to try to get your freguesia:
https://goo.gl/vOijK0

Good luck!

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada