From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Cheri Mello
Sent: Sunday, March 5, 2017 5:22 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Alves to New Hampshire (USA) in 1862

Repost for Karen iluvusofa at yahoo.com

Hi,

My name is Karen Babcock and my grandmother was Esther Silliphant.  She may
have been your Aunt and my father Allen Babcock is your cousin.  I also have
been looking for Joseph Alves Bartlett.  He came to America in 1862.  I could
not find him again until 1870 in the census when he lived with the Bartlett's
in NH when he was 18.  He was listed in that census as a farm laborer under the
name of Joseph Alves.  In one other record that I found said "adopted by"
written above Erastus Bartlett's name.  I also found that he was a merchant and
a produce dealer.  He also took his own life in 1896 at the age of 44.

I also don't think that Maria de Jesus Gerevas born 1843 the Azores could be
Joseph Alves mother because he was born in 1852 and she was born in 1843.  She
would have been only 9 years old when she gave birth to him.  Maybe she was his
sister????

Karen