Using Ancestory.com is that the best online help, new at this. aloha,
Donna

    On Friday, March 17, 2017 9:04 AM, Ângela Loura <angelalo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 Lucinda:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G97C-G4FQ?mode=g&i=559&cc=2072112

Hi Donna,
Hernary could be 'Hernani'Alveraas could be 'Alvernaz'

Donna,

You won't find some of these names overseas because they have become so
butchered in your family.

There's no such name as "Hernary." I don't know if that's supposed to be a
Henry or something else. If I sound it out in English, I'm saying somthing that
sounds close to Hernia. Maybe you can tell us how it is pronounced. You also
state he was born on the island of Pico and then later state he was born in
Portugal. Which one? It's two different record sets.

Alveraas is not a name either. No double "a" in Portuguese. It was probably
Alveras, so that one is easier. And her first name isn't so bad. Since you have
her inbound to the U.S., can you tell us what the ship manifest said about the
port she left from? Also what sources point you to her being born on 21 Oct
1904 in Pico?
Thanks,

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada
On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 1:44 AM, 'donnasultzer' via Azores Genealogy