      From: PatGirard <quilterpat...@sbcglobal.net>
 To: Azores Genealogy <azores@googlegroups.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:38 PM
 Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: The Power of the Azores Genealogy Google Group
and DNA

Excuse me, I just reread my letter and I meant to say "I am forever indebted to
you!" not the other way around. hahaha Sorry about that.

Repost for Pat Girard, quilterpat705 at sbcglobal.net

Hi Cheri,
I had to share this with you! Four years ago I saw a post on the Azores Google
Group asking if anyone had Martins from Feteira Faial in their tree.  I was so
excited because I did and it had been a dead end. I contacted Deb McCabe and we
compared notes. We were convinced that we probably were 3rd cousins. Fast
forward to FTDNA. Yes, we are 3rd cousins! We are meeting in person for the
first time in 2 weeks. I'm so excited because she is the first living relative
I have found on my father's side. Previously the only paternal relatives I have
ever known were my father, my grandfather (who died when I was 5) and my aunt
who was childless.
Thank you Cheri, I couldn't have done this without you. You are forever in my
debt. Can't wait till the conference!
Pat Girard
PS, If you wish to post this to the group please do.