Sherry,

Can you email me directly at gfscherim at gmail.com? Include your mom's
name and kit number in the email.

It's going to depend. FTDNA will keep the vials for at least 25 years in
the deep freeze. BUT once a vial is opened, it has a shelf life that starts
to degrade after 2 years. It's like opening a bag of chips and putting a
clip on it and forgetting about it for the next 6 months. You open the
cupboard and discover the bag of chips in the back. Chances are, they are
pretty stale even though you put the clip on it. Same with DNA.

I'll have to look at your mother's order history and then have them look
for any lab notes on your mom's vials and if there are any unopened vials.
Then we can discuss what should happen next.

Since this just information is just for you though, please email me
privately, as I'm sure the 1500 or 1600 people on this list aren't
concerned about your mom's DNA. Well, not until they match her :)
Cheri

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada