Sean,

I'm using my iPhone so it's a bit small. But, from what I see it does say he
was left at the home of Jose Silva and to be taken cared of for a period of
seven years. The date is 16 Jan 1797. The godparents are Francisco Silveira
Peixoto, son of Luisa Francisca, and Anna Thomasina, wife of Antonio Silva.
The other name I believe was the priest. Maybe someone with a larger screen can
complete the text for you.

Gayle