Well, it looks like I will have to make a trip to the bookstore in Ponta
Delgada!

MaryAnn

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 7:05 AM, 'John Raposo' via Azores Genealogy <
azores@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> The book is readily available in Ponta Delgada (Sol Mar Bookstore, the
> airport book shop, etc., and from the author, Dr. Carlos Melo Bento, Rua da
> Cruz, 45,
> 9500 Ponta Delgada, S. Miguel, Azores. E-mail: carlosmelobe...@hotmail.com.
> I think they were selling for 20 euros. Dr. Melo Bento is a lawyer with a
> very busy practice.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> John Miranda Raposo
>

> On Monday, June 5, 2017 9:33 PM, Tish M <tish.me...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> John,
> I tried finding it either in a library or for sale. I had no luck. Do you
> have any ideas where the book can be aquired?
> Tish Meals
>
> On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 4:21 PM, 'John Raposo' via Azores Genealogy <
> azores@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I highly recommend Melo Bento, Carlos Eduardo. *Origens Geográficas dos
> Açores*, Criativaçores, Ponta Delgada: 2015. It gives you not only places
> of origin but also the first person of the particular family name to come
> to the Azores.
>
> John
>

> On Monday, June 5, 2017 6:08 PM, Google User <dea.jo.scr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> Hi Andrew,
>
> You should google that exact phrase
> Surname and their origin. Several sites will come up and aid you in your
> search.
>

> On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 2:12 PM Andrew Medeiros <amedeiros2...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any reputable
> resources, either in print or online, that provide detailed information
> about the history of Azorean surnames and their origins.  For example, I
> wanted to look up the history of my last name Medeiros, such as its meaning
> and where it came from.  However, I am having a difficult time doing so.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Many Thanks,
> Andrew

> sfig
> Researching
> Island: Santa Maria
> Freguesia: Santa Barbara

*MaryAnn Santos*
Senior Advisement and Student Affairs Administrator
Department of Art and Art Professions
NYU/Steinhardt
212.998.5702
m...@nyu.edu