Hi All,
I'm trying to trace descendants of the above couple. Maria immigrated in
1912 to California, Joao/John about 1910 to California. They married in
Alameda County California on 16 Aug 1914. Maria's parents: Francisco Vieira
da Silva and Maria de Azevedo of Ribeira da Areia, Sao Jorge, Azores;
Joao's parents Joao Machado Avila & Maria Magdalena de Azevedo from Norte
Grande, Sao Jorge.
After the couple married, they went 'back East' no one in the family
remembers where! Maria supposedly had 3 children and then died young of a
brain tumor.
I've found a John & Mary Avilla in the 1930 Census, the right ages and also
immigration years in Dartmouth, Bristol, Mass. They have Antone Avilla 14,
Mary 8 and Alfred 5. I can not find these children or dad in 1940. Does
anyone recognize this family?? This could be my Maria & Joao/John, the ages
are right, 3 children, immigration years correct.
Any help would be appreciated.

Rosemarie
rcap...@gmail.com
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily