*Not only have I been there, but I have ancestors from there, my 4th
ggparents, Andre de Freitas and Luzia Rois (Rodrigues). They are end of
line so I can only estimate their dob but their daughter, isabel de
Freitas, was married in 1743 So I would estimate that they would have been
born in the early 1700s. *

*The village of Quada ( It's located between Faja Grande and Fajazinha) was
abandoned in the 60's but has since been converted into a resort. We have
stayed ther a couple of times and it's really great.Goggle it!*
*What is even more interesting is that I might related to "Senador Andre de
Freitas", a local political figure from the early 20th century, who
eventually became govenor of the Horta District. When I asked The managers
at "Aldeia da Cuada" (modern spelling)  which house belonged to Andre de
Freitas, they pointed out a house that was in ruins but was plastered
inside and out, the only house in Quada that was, indicating to me that the
original owner had been a person of means.*