>From Dicionario da Lingua Portuguesa (Fernando J. da Silva, Editorial Domingos
>Barreira, Porto: 1955) Locucoes Latinas, Gregas e Estrangeiras (p. 1587.) Era
>ut supra (Lat.) A data como acima. (English translation (mine) date as above.

John M. Raposo

    On Sunday, July 30, 2017 6:47 PM, Walt Teixeira <akatex...@gmail.com> wrote:

 When I started doing genealogy in the Azores, I contacted a Catholic Priest on
Graciosa about getting a copy of my grandmother's baptismal record.  Upon
receiving it and working through the translation, I wrote back to him asking
about the phrase Era ut Supra.  He said it means:  "what is stated above is
true" (like a certification).