Thank you both for your responses. I was heavily leaning towards the FTDNA from
what I've learned. I am most interested in learning more of my dad's side
(azorean) since the more I dig in my mom's side she gets hostile toward me. I
uncovered that her greatgrandfather fathered children through a slave and we
are products of that union. Unfortunately I am the oldest generation in my
family but youngest of seven children. So I have time on my side. I've been
unable to get six generations but want to go further. I am excited to learn
where DNA testing will lead me! Thanks again.