Hi,

I wasn't trying to make a point about reflecting and respecting the
original Portuguese, though I see how my post could easily be taken to mean
that-- particularly since I didn't add any helpful notes for context!

I like to work out the translation of a difficult record by transcribing it
first.  Yesterday morning, I only had enough time to add my transcription
to this thread before I had to go out.  I must have posted within a few
minutes of Cheri's translation, and it looks like Cheri's additions fill in
most of the record's missing info.

I hope the transcription was helpful in confirming your reading of the
record.  Best practices for transcriptions are different than for data
entry into genealogy software, so it depends on what your goals are, but
Cheri makes a good point about using standardized modern spellings when
entering names into a database.

please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

best of luck with your research :)

Linda