Many thanks for the information. In case you don't know, most, if not all
of the Braga's of Ribeira Grande are *not* related to the Braga's of Achada
or Maia, or Faial da Terra, or Povoacao or Ponta Garca. They are
independent branch(es) that link to the earliest nobles of Ribeira Grande.
The latter, on the eastern side of Sao Miguel, all *appear* to be related
and come from one or two branches that settled in Fenais da Ajuda. You may
find one or two Braga's from Ribeira Grande area that intermarried with our
branch, but I have yet to find one. You can surmise, that ultimately, they
are all related and come from the early Braga's of Santa Maria circa early
1500's. But I cannot prove this. There are also many small branches of
Braga's strewn throughout Sao Miguel, such as Vila Franca and Ponta Delgada
that came with the later migration from Santa Maria to Sao Miguel. Most
came after 1700.

JR