Hi Nelia,

I'll try my best to keep my story, which is similar to yours as small as
possible. When I started the only information I had besides my grandparents
names and birthdates, was their parents names. So I entered the info I had,
tried to to find more. After a year or so I stopped. Then after a 2-3 year
hiatus I took up the search again with the help of some family I was able to
find my great grandparents passenger manifest which showed they emigrated to
Hawaii in 1906. My grandmothers family came from the Azores (obviously), while
my grandfathers came from Ilha Madeira. Both on the same ship. With the help
and suggestions of many people in this group I have been able to go back quite
a few generations.

Paul G.