Hi, your post listing a Miguel Carreiro from Ginetes caught me by surprise.
Miguel Carreiro is my 3rd great grandfather. I have more information on both
him and his wives. Miguel's birth was probably listed as a foundling, however
at a certain point in his life his mother must have come back and identified
him. His mother was Maria de Estrella from Calhetas. Born 1801 and died 1873.
She became e godmother of one of his children (Margarida) on sept 23, 1858
along with Francisco Moniz. At first I thought this was his birth parents,
however, Calhetas is a freguesia that only has about 7 births a year. Her obit
lists her age and when going back to the birth year, there is only 1 Maria and
Francisco Moniz is listed as her father along with Ana de São Matheus. They are
not listed as legitimate or illegitimate.

Sent from my iPad