Gordon--

Someplace I think there is an explanation about the layout of pages. In
this case I think when the book was laid out open the men's names were on
the left page and beneficiaries on the right page. But they were captured
in two photos, so you have to make sure you are reading the corresponding
lines.

I also noticed the term "consorte" and may have even asked about it but
(hanging head in shame) now don't remember exactly the difference from
esposa. A civil marriage perhaps?

It is really interesting going though the different councils, even when you
don't think they apply to your family. I was looking for someone else in
Los Banos and found an entry for someone who is listed as a boarder on the
U.S. Census with one of my relatives in another county because that's where
their beneficiary lived.

Mary Bordi