Hey, you will have to check to Porto Formoso records for that time period,
all religious stuff in Sao Braz happened in Porto Formoso. I have family in
both places. I know there is 1 or 2 Mello families in the records. Contact
me if you need help, I can keep a eye out for you family while I look for
mine. Both sides of my family come from Porto Formoso and Sao Braz.