From: JR
Sent: Saturday, April 7, 2018 2:16 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Translation Help: Pedro Miguel, Faial 1842
Marriage

Yes of course, the year is 1842.  Sorry. It does look like Thoedora, but I
don't see a rise in the letter where the d should be.

JR

On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 3:39:57 PM UTC-4, DiG wrote:
Don’t know if this will help, but CITEM has the following (the very last names
appear to be different from your record, but the first two names match the
names in the CCA record for father, mother and Antonio and the dates appear to
be correct for the marriage-- 27th September 1842):

http://www.ghp.ics.uminho.pt/geneweb/gwd.exe?b=pedromiguel&lang=en&m=D&p=manuel+francisco&n=catarino&v=3&t=L&bd=0&color=

The information for the bride also appears to match the record. You may have to
check other records for the names, but the CITEM data has dates for death
(some) and for the children so you may find the “Catarino” name. What follows
Manuel Francisco in your record is “sua mulher”, his wife, with her name on the
next line. The CITEM record says “Teresa” for the mother, but I see something
like “Theodora.” Other CCA records may reveal the correct info. The page yours
is on has a “Thereza” near the bottom and it doesn’t look the same to me.

Anyway, hope this helps a little.

Diane George