I researching my Amarante Family history and while my ancestors principally
came from the town of Manadas on the island of Sao Jorge, there is also I
believe a connection to the Amarante family for Velas. I discovered the
post below and would be interested if anyone knows anything further about
the people mentioned below. Tony Amarant

Descendants of Gonçalo de Amarante, o Velho
Generation No. 1
*1. Gonçalo1 de Amarante, o Velho*
Child of Gonçalo de Amarante, o Velho is:
+ 2 i. Gonçalo
2 de Amarante, o Novo.
*Generation No. 2*
*2. Gonçalo2 de Amarante, o Novo *(Gonçalo1) He married *Francisca de
Oliveira*.
Children of Gonçalo de Amarante and Francisca de Oliveira are:
+ 3 i. Margarida ou Maria
3 de Oliveira.
+ 4 ii. Jorge de Oliveira Amarante.
+ 5 iii. João de Oliveira Amarante.
*Generation No. 3*
*3. Margarida ou Maria3 de Oliveira *(Gonçalo2 de Amarante, o Novo, Gonçalo1)
She married
*Manuel de Azevedo*, son of Valério de Ávila and Isabel Vieira.
Children of Margarida de Oliveira and Manuel de Azevedo are:
6 i. Jorge de Oliveira
4 Amarante. He married Catarina Pereira.
7 ii. Beatriz Álvares Sousa. She married Gaspar Nunes Brasil.
*4. Jorge de Oliveira3 Amarante *(Gonçalo2 de Amarante, o Novo, Gonçalo1)
He married
*Iría Vieirade Azevedo*, daughter of Valério de Ávila and Isabel Vieira.
Children of Jorge Amarante and Iría de Azevedo are:
8 i. Francisco Azevedo
4 Amarante. He married Margarida Pires Romeiro.
9 ii. Isabel de Azevedo, died Feb 1687. She married Gonçalo Pereira de
Lacerda in Velas, ilha de S.
Jorge; died 1684.
*5. João de Oliveira3 Amarante *(Gonçalo2 de Amarante, o Novo, Gonçalo1) He
married
*PaulaCorreia de Ávila*, daughter of Melchior Ávila and Luzia Homem.
Children of João Amarante and Paula de Ávila are:
10 i. Maria
4 de Ávila. She married Bartolomeu Pereira Simões.
Marriage Notes for Maria de Ávila and Bartolomeu Simões:
Antepassados deste casal retirados da Internet da Genealogia dos
Bettencourt.
11 ii. Francisco de Oliveira. He married Vitória da Cunha.
12 iii. Lucas Correia de Amarante. He married Isabel Vieira Machado.