Oops, yes, correct, Eric. I wrote it wrong above...too generic.

On Sao Miguel island: Ponta Delgada is a council (county/province) AND a
city.
On Flores island: Ponta Delgada is a freguesia (village) in the council of
Santa Cruz.

Until an island is specified, it will be looking for a needle in a
haystack.  Cheri

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada