Hello Bill,

I believe the first note says the Manuel in this record was married to
Maria Isabel, but became widowed when his wife died "yesterday" in Santa
Cruz da Graciosa.  The note is dated 21 Feb 1953.
The second note says Manuel died in the locality of Rebentão, Santa Cruz da
Graciosa "yesterday".  This note is dated 25 Mar 1955.

Bill Seidler