Thanks for all the information everyone!

I'm also somewhat in charge of an almost 19 year old. Very sweet girl. She
wants to be able to "check in" with her family in California while she is
there. I know that text is really the SMS. Will they be able to text each
other? Are there additional charges for either her or her family in
California? I know these kids have no idea what a calling card is! LOL

I'm assuming it'll just stop working if you go over the 500 mins & 3 GB?

SIM works for iPhones and Androids and Samsungs, etc? (I haven't had a new
cell phone in 4 or 5 years...mine works still and I don't replace it until
I have problems)!
Thanks again, Cheri

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada