Great information, Rick.

I will mention if you drive to the State Archives that the whole area by
the JFK Library and Archives is under construction - I drove right past it
a few weeks ago and had to turn around and park.  I was looking for
information on the Irish side of my family and they didn't mention that the
1921 to 1926 records were being scanned.  I did search through their
microfilm collection trying to find death information for some relatives.
But anything after 1925 is something you need to go down the street to the
Massachusetts Vital Records office (which is almost impossible to find, as
it is in the same building as some University of Massachusetts/Boston
offices.)   I basically did a shot in the dark asking for some death
certificates for relatives based on that microfilm information, and got
most of what I was looking for, but a couple of errors (which can be
expensive at $20 per record.)  It was only after my visit that I found out
that you can get behind the counter and do genealogy searches, but that the
hours are limited.  So I'll need to look into that as well.

Thanks for the Fall River information.  I might find some New Bedford
reocrds in there if I'm lucky!

Elaine