Sorry my error I was confusing Roque with another ancestor when it comes to the
multiple marriages, but it was with his children that I began to see the Roque
being used as the last name.
Roque Rodrigues b:1789 d:1864 married October 24 1810 Rosa Jacinta b:1790 d:1866
Children:
Manuel Rodrigues b:1811
Maria Rodrigues b:1815 d:1816
Joam Rodrigues b:1818 d:1820
Francisco Rodrigues b:1819
Jacintha Rosa Rodrigues b:1821
Joao Rodrigues ROQUE b:1824 d:1892
Jacintho Rodrigues b:1829
Jose Rodrigues ROQUE b:1831 d:1902

Roque Rodrigues parents were:
Francisco Rodrigues b:1753 Oct 4th married on January 2ns 1774 to Francisca
Ignacio b: haven’t found it yet d:1798

Francisco Rodrigues parents were:
Jose Rodrigues b:1723 married on February 20 1743 to Antonia de Sousa b:1718

Jose Rodrigues parents were:
Sebastiao Rodrigues b:1671 January 24 from Rabo de Peixe married October 21
1701in Sao Roque to Ursella de Sousa

Sebastiao Rodrigues parents were;
Gaspar Rodrigues b:abt1650 and Maria da Costa this is where I stopped
searching, plus the writing became almost unreadable.

Going by the church records following the baptism records to find the parent
marriage record I would then be able to find the parents baptism record and so
on.

I also have most of these people’s children recorded as well that that’s too
many people to record. But no ROQUE last name until Roque Rodrigue’s children.

Sandy