Hello,

I have really been having some difficulty in finding some marriage records
in the Santo António além Capelas freguesia on the island of São Miguel,
and also the Lagoa area.  From what I have seen so far in the Santo António
freguesia, the priest(s) was/were not always consistent with the names they
used to document the parishoners.  I don't know if this means that in fact
the parishoners had long names, and that when they stated them to the
priest, the priest only wrote down some of them, or if the parishoners
sometimes just gave the priest portions of their names.

The road blocks that I have hit in getting this section of my tree higher:

*1.  *
I cannot find the marriage record for the parents of Francisco de Medeiros
Maura.  In the birth records of some of Francisco's children I have seen
his name documented sometimes as *Francisco de Medeiros Maura*, and
sometimes *Francisco de Medeiros Pimentel*.  The names of his parents (the
grandparents) have stayed constant in those records that I have found, and
their names are *António de Medeiros Maura* and *Joanna Maria*, *António is
a natural of Santo António and Joanna Maria is a natural of Lagoa (Nossa
Senhora do Rosario),* but I have not been able to find their marriage
record.  I have checked Santo António, but have not found it there.  I have
also checked Nossa Senhora do Rosario, Lagoa, but did not find it there
either.  It's possible that I could have missed it, or that Joanna Maria's
parents moved to a different freguesia after her birth, and that they were
then married in that new freguesia.

The obituary for Joanna Maria
30 September 1830 - 70 years old more or less
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SANTOANTONIO-O-1830-1860/SMG-PD-SANTOANTONIO-O-1830-1860_item1/P4.html

The obituary for António de Medeiros Maura
29 September 1831 - 80 years old more or less
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SANTOANTONIO-O-1830-1860/SMG-PD-SANTOANTONIO-O-1830-1860_item1/P45.html

I believe their son Francisco was born 1 August 1789, so their marriage
would have happened before that date.  I found 2 siblings born AFTER that
date in Santo António:  João in 1793, and Margarida in 1794, but no one
before 1789, so perhaps his parents lived in a different freguesia before
moving to Santo António?

2.
I am also having difficulty finding the marriage record for *Francisco de
Viveiros do Rego* and *Joanna de Medeiros*.  They are both naturals of the
Santo António além Capelas freguesia, so I believe the marriage should have
taken place there.  I estimate the marriage to have taken place around the
year 1767.

I have seen the name of Francisco de Viveiros do Rego documented sometimes
as Francisco de Viveiros, and sometimes as Francisco de Medeiros do Rego, I
am not sure if this was a mistake or not since his wife Joanna has the
surname de Medeiros.
He was born 9 February 1748.

Joanna de Medeiros was born 20 January 1749.

Is anyone else researching these two families, or does someone happen to
have an index with this information in it?  I would be very appreciative of
any help.
Thank you very much and kind regards,
Lisa