I was surprised at how little of my DNA was Iberian Peninsula, considering
that my ancestors came from one tiny village on one small Island in the
Azores (Covas, Graciosa).
A genealogist explained to me that for thousands of years, ships from all
over the world stopped in the Azores, thus influencing the DNA from that
area.