Hello, George,

Thanks for reaching out.  You and my husband are, indeed, "cousins".
Sebastiao  Jacome de Resendes and Maria da Costa are also my husband's 8th
great grandparents.  Im going to CC the Azores List because there are members
of the List with information on this line.

 Particularly, you mentioned that Sebastiao and Belchior were brothers; I DID
NOT know that.   I seem to recall  a member of the Azores List who wrote that
(I THINK they wrote ) that the name Melchior and Belchoir were the same person
and the name was used interchangeably.  (But now I'm not certain)-I mean in
Sebastian's  line.  I just couldn't confirm it.  So, you must have more
information than I do n this.

I too, wish someone would be able to find the original marriage record for
Sebastiao Jacome de Resendes so we could find his parents.  I think Theresa
Entin also went back on this line but I apologize if I'm wrong.

All my information, my sources and research  is recorded only on
familysearch.org.  L6L8-XJ9 is the ID number for Sebastiao on familysearch.  If
you go to familysearch.org and look by ID NUMBER, you will see our guy
Sebastiao.  I have 5 children for him and Maria da Costa.  Is your ancestor
Manoel, the oldest child?  I have him born in September 1688 but nothing else
on him.    My husband descends through their son,  Jose de Resendes Jacome
(b1702), married to Marianna Carvalha

I would love to see if we can work together to help each other.
I tried clicking on the link you sent me regarding the email exchanges on this
family  and was not successful in getting it.  I'll have to enter it in google
and see if I can find the thread that way.

Maybe by posting on the list we will find others who have more details.  Thank
you for writing me.  I can write you privately to connect and learn where you
are so I can tell my husband he has a cousin.  That is so cool!!

Maria Elena