Thank you all so much for your help !!! I really do appreciate it.  It
turns out that Bábara Cabral fits.  I would definitely NOT have been able
to figure out that last name on my own.

With that surname, I was able to find the birth record for Gertrudes, and
the dates and places match up.  With Gertrudes' birth record, the new
information that I got was that Bárbara Cabral was a natural of Bretanha,
and now I know where to look for the marriage record of *Bárbara Cabral *and
*Pedro da Ponte*, which I estimate to be sometime before *1740,* perhaps
*1735*.

Thank you again for all your help !!!

Kind Regards,
Lisa