Bill, thank you for catching my error and for taking the time to look for
the correct record.  I think you're right abt the indexer trying to clarify
which Joao this was.  They had obviously run into this couple elsewhere in
their indexing of this village.

Thanks, Cheri for checking out Roccio as a surname.  I had never run into
it before either.  Glad I know now what it means!

Gustavo, I'm glad that Cheri pointed you to the indexes.  They are a
wonderful help.  Good luck!

And Margaret, thank you for your info.  I now have a new word for my
personal Portuguese Language collection!  So do we think then maybe that
Joao lived near the town square???

Thank you, everyone.  I really appreciate your time & input.

Fawn
Virus-free.
<#m_1302283438134376765_m_-6001457540848237017_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 8:41 PM Gustavo Martins <martins...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you very much Cheri
>
> Envoyé de mon iPhone
>
> Le 25 févr. 2019 à 17:35, Margaret Vicente <margaretvice...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
> Bill,
>

> Indeed, thank you so much for catching it was sent to the wrong thread.
> Thought the info might help Fawn.  As an fyi the “Rocio/rossio’ explanation
> was taken from the book of Padre Antonio Correia, Historia Insulana das
> ilhas de Portugal.
>

> <ED5C1A42609D4C65B6FCC06993C2CF06.png>
>

> Thanks again,

<#m_1302283438134376765_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>