From: Rosemarie Capodicci
Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2019 09:21
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Help with Father's place of Birth

Leonor, it does say Isla de Sandwich which is what the Hawaiian Islands were
known as because they were 'discovered' by the Earl of Sandwich.  The Azores
Islands were known as the 'Western Islands' in the USA for a long time. When I
was first starting to do my research I thought it meant Hawaii,that's West of
California, right?! Never assume, that should be everones motto.
Rosemarie
rcap...@gmail.com
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily