The general guideline that USED TO be followed was that the books from the
Civil Registries that were over 100 years old would be sent to the archives
on years divisible by 5. So that batch ending in 1905 was sent over in
2005. The next batch (1906-1910) should have been sent in 2010. And so
forth and so on. When I went to Sao Miguel last summer (2018) and asked for
books between 1906-1915, I was told that the arquives was full and they
weren't accepting any more books. George Pacheco went there after me and
found they did have some books for a few parishes (I think it was the
council of Ponta Delgada). Maybe they figured out how to make more room and
are accepting the records from the Civil Registries again.
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada